Have you ever been in Warsaw?

Hey, travelers, did't you forget in your wanders around the world to Warsaw? 
Because, honestly, I didn't have it on my travel bucket list too, and it was really big mistake. But the cheap bus tickets decided for me. I've never had that idea on my mind. Thanks God for that tickets, because it was brilliant!

You know, Poland, there are some prejudicies about this country. In Czechia we always make jokes, we are not such a modern country too, so it is something like friendly battle between siblings.
Oh, have they electricity and hot water? Are there cars yet, or will we be riding horses during the streets?

But seriously, stop joking, the truth is, that Warsaw is really cool city! And I'd like to show it to you.

We were hosted via Couchsurfing by very cool man few minutes by the centre. We live on the 3rd floor of last century tenement which has an athmospere of the old days. 
We hadn't any plans, what we want to see and visit but our host gave us a map and showed us the "must behold" places.



The fact is, that the biggest dominant of the city is not popular between some citizens. It looks like the Empire State building, don't it? However, it was a gift from the Soviet Union to the Poland people in the 50's. It was a concept of similar skyscapers built in the Soviet Union. Some say, that it is a part of the Warsaw and the didn't mind, but some Poles hate it.


We enjoyed this view. You can go up with the elevator for 15 Zl. I was waiting for this moment about one hour, because I had imagination on my head and without realisation I refused to leave. So here it is, Sun under the town paints the sky to orange tones.
The places you should visit are parks. Rivers, gondolas, historical bridges and breathtaking nature. We were in Lazienki park and Wilanow. There were many castles, monuments, theaters, I was feeling like I am in park from some romantical movie.

Stara Oranzeria


Wilanow








Lazienki Park




And that's not all, but I'll show you next time. You can be looking for post about this city on the night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment